Thursday, December 31, 2009

January Contest

Thanks to Harlequin Free Book Friday, I'm offering a copy of Debbie Macomber's Home for the Holidays.  It was rated 4 1/2 stars on Barnes and Noble. 

Here's the book description:

Everyone wants to be home for the holidays…

The Forgetful Bride

Caitlin Marshall's trying to go home to Minnesota, but at the last minute she gives her airline ticket to a stranded soldier. So Cait spends Christmas with Joe Rockwell, who was a childhood friend—and is still a terrible tease, claiming that Cait's his wife. Oh, sure, they were "married" in a pretend ceremony when she was eight, but now Joe wants to make their "marriage" real!

When Christmas Comes

Emily Springer trades her Leavenworth, Washington, home for Charles Brewster's Boston condo. Then Emily's friend Faith comes to visit her in Washington—and instead finds Charles, a complete stranger and a curmudgeon, to boot. His brother, Ray, meanwhile, shows up at Charles's place, only to discover Emily living there. But through all the mix-ups and misunderstandings, among the chaos and confusion, romance begins to emerge….


In order to win a copy, please share with us your favorite holiday you and your family celebrate and how you will celebrate it in 2010.  For an additional chance to win, share a favorite recipe of that special holiday.  Don't forget to leave your email address to I can contact the winning person.

Happy New Year to one and all and thanks so much for stopping by Romance Author Buzz.

12 comments:

craftypatti said...

My family and I love Christmas. Christmas day is for the 3 of us to spend some family time together. 2010 will probably be the same. =)
Patti www.pattisreadingcorner.blogspot.com

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

No need to enter me, Marilyn. I'm dropping in to say thanks for the e-mail. I've got this posted at Win a Book for you.

Tamsyn said...

My favourite holiday is Chinese New Year and I go back to my hometown to celebrate it with my family. It falls on February 14th, Valentine's Day, this year, All the siblings will be coming home with their families and have our Reunion Dinner on Chinese New Year's Eve. It is a great time cos I get to meet almost all my family except those who couldn't come for one reason or another.
tamsyn5@yahoo.com

CallMeKayla said...

I love Debbie's work! enter me please..

kaylajohnson3969@sbcglobal.net

Winning Readings said...

Christmas is a little bittersweet since my better half doesn't appreciate it much... So I'm going to say Thanksgiving - it's about all the right stuff! We'll probably celebrate it at home, and this year my daughter will be old enough to learn/do even more with the 30-days-of-thanks activities we did last year.

janemaritz at yahoo dot com

We posted about this giveaway at Winning Readings: http://winningreadings.blogspot.com/2010/01/home-for-holidays.html

Winning Readings said...

I am all about doing things easy for Thanksgiving! I make mashed potatoes from the box, etc... No stress, just time to spend together. But one thing I like is a cranberry jello mold - mix a can of whole cranberry sauce in with one packet of red jello/boiling water. After it's almost set, mix a tub of cool whip with another packet of red jello and layer it on top. A yummy way to eat cranberries for those who aren't too excited by them.

janemaritz at yahoo dot com

409cope said...

We celebrate Christmas with everyone getting to open one of their gifts on Chirstmas Eve and the rest in the morning after a big breakfast. cardshark42(at)hotmail(dot)com

Beth (BBRB) said...

I love the Fourth of July. So fun to be outside in the sun and warmth and have a great picnic with family and friends!

BethsBookReviewBlog AT gmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

thanks for the opportunity to reaad this fabulous book

karenk
kmkuka(at)yahoo(dot)Com

Marie said...

Although I love Christmas I think my favorite holiday is Halloween because it's so much fun to see all the kids dressed up. One of our traditions is to go pumpkin picking :-)

marielay@gmail.com

Marilyn Shoemaker said...

January winner is Crafty Patti....send me your address info and thanks to all for entering

seattle snoops at aol dot com

Marilyn Shoemaker said...

Patti, I posted on your blog since you didn't leave an email.

 

Website Usage Statistics
Macys Coupon